Why should you become a paying member of the Memory Studies Association? There are several tangible benefits to membership already available as well as in the works. These include:
- discount on books
- access to members-only materials, including job listings, discussion forums, career advice, teaching resources, reading recommendations and more!
- eligibility to participate in over a dozen MSA Working Groups and MSA regional groups
- participation in the MSA mentorship program, career development events, and methodology workshops
We are very happy to announce that the MSA has reached formal agreement with SAGE and the editors of Memory Studies. Henceforth, the journal will be published in association with the MSA. This means:
- All members of the MSA will receive free access to the Journal through a protected link on the MSA website
- The first issue each year will be a special issue edited by the MSA
- From 2019 there will be an annual SAGE Journal of Memory Studies Outstanding Book Award, presented at the MSA Annual Meeting, for first books authored/co-authored by MSA members
- The Association will award a prize for the best paper presented at the MSA Annual Meetings, with the author’s option to have the paper published in Memory Studies
But, as enticing as these tangible benefits are, the real reason to become a paying member of the Association is that you want it to exist. Like any professional association, the MSA will depend on the support and devotion of its members.