Now is the time to become a member of the MSA!
Why should you become a paying member of the Memory Studies Association? There are several tangible benefits to membership already available as well as in the works. These include:
- discounted registration fees for the annual meeting
- discount on books
- access to members-only materials, including job listings, discussion forums, career advice, teaching resources, reading recommendations and more!
We are very happy to announce that the MSA has reached formal agreement with SAGE and the editors of Memory Studies. Henceforth, the journal will be published in association with the MSA. This means:
- All members of the MSA will receive free access to the Journal through a protected link on the MSA website
- From February 2019 the Journal will increase to six issues a year
- The first issue each year will be a special issue edited by the MSA
- From 2018 there will be an annual SAGE Journal of Memory Studies Outstanding Book Award, presented at the MSA Annual Meeting, for first books authored/co-authored by MSA members
- The Association will award a prize for the best paper presented at the MSA Annual Meetings, with the author’s option to have the paper published in Memory Studies
But, as enticing as these tangible benefits are, the real reason to become a paying member of the Association is that you want it to exist. Like any professional association, the MSA will depend on the support and devotion of its members.
The MSA would like to attract a diverse membership from across the globe and therefore invites applications for sponsored memberships from scholars and practitioners in low-salary countries. Sponsored memberships provide all the privileges of membership without any costs to the sponsored member. To become a sponsored member please email us a brief explanation of your reasons for applying. The MSA will also offer travel grants to afford especially sponsored and student members the opportunity to attend MSA meetings.
In order to be able to fund sponsored memberships and travel grants the MSA would like to encourage scholars and practitioners to consider joining the MSA as Sustaining Members in the membership category appropriate for them. Scholars and practitioners with access to research funds might consider becoming an MSA Benefactor. With your permission the MSA would like to publish the names of Sustaining Members and Benefactors.
If you wish to donate further by adding a donation value to your membership fee you can do with the alternative membership choices below.