Now is the time to become a member of the MSA!
Why should you become a paying member of the Memory Studies Association? There are several tangible benefits to membership already available as well as in the works. These include:
- discount on books
- access to members-only materials, including job listings, discussion forums, career advice, teaching resources, reading recommendations and more!
- eligibility to participate in over a dozen MSA Working Groups and MSA regional groups
- participation in the MSA mentorship program, career development events, and methodology workshops
We are very happy to announce that the MSA has reached formal agreement with SAGE and the editors of Memory Studies. Henceforth, the journal will be published in association with the MSA. This means:
- All members of the MSA will receive free access to the Journal through a protected link on the MSA website
- The first issue each year will be a special issue edited by the MSA
- From 2019 there will be an annual SAGE Journal of Memory Studies Outstanding Book Award, presented at the MSA Annual Meeting, for first books authored/co-authored by MSA members
- The Association will award a prize for the best paper presented at the MSA Annual Meetings, with the author’s option to have the paper published in Memory Studies
But, as enticing as these tangible benefits are, the real reason to become a paying member of the Association is that you want it to exist. Like any professional association, the MSA will depend on the support and devotion of its members.
The MSA would like to attract a diverse membership from across the globe and therefore invites applications for sponsored memberships from scholars and practitioners in low-salary countries. Sponsored memberships provide all the privileges of membership on reduced fees or without any costs to the sponsored member. To become a sponsored member please email us a brief explanation of your reasons for applying. The MSA will also offer travel grants to afford especially sponsored and student members the opportunity to attend MSA meetings.
In order to be able to fund sponsored memberships and travel grants, the MSA would like to encourage scholars and practitioners to consider joining the MSA as Sustaining Members in the membership category appropriate for them. Scholars and practitioners with access to research funds might consider becoming an MSA Benefactor. With your permission the MSA would like to publish the names of Sustaining Members and Benefactors.
Renewing your Membership?
If you want to renew your membership, just choose a membership type as if buying a new membership, but please make sure you are logged into your account. You can either do this by clicking the link in the menu bar at the top of any page or clicking on the link ‘Already have an account? Log in here’ on the checkout page after choosing your membership type.
If you see ‘your account’ and ‘log out’, in the menu bar at the top of the page, you are already logged in and can proceed with choosing your membership type for the current year. The system will renew your membership when you complete the purchase.
If your membership is already expired you must login as described above. You will not see ‘your account’ or ‘log out’ in the menu at the top of the page as described above, you will also not see the usual ‘log in’. When you go to choose a new membership from the choices below and proceed to the next page you will see a message that reads;
‘You are logged in as “Your Account Name”. If you would like to use a different account for this membership, log out now.’
You will know you are logged in and renewing the correct account if this message appears with your account name. If it isn’t there, the message ‘Already have an account? Log in here’ will appear in it’s place. Click this link and log in as usual, return to the membership purchasing page and the message will appear as above.