MSA Launches the Fellowship “Memory Scholars at Risk”
Call for Host Institutions
The Memory Studies Association offers funds for two fellowships of 4000 euros each to support memory scholars at risk. The MSA is looking for institutions across the world that would like to provide a place of academic refuge including matching funds or equivalent in-kind assistance. Such institutions can contact scholars at risk known to them or seek advice from the MSA, which is collecting information on colleagues needing support. While the MSA is currently able to offer two fellowships, it is continuing efforts to raise more funds for additional fellowships.
General rules of the application:
- The host institution names an MSA Fellow.
- The host institution is expected to facilitate the integration of the MSA Fellow into the local academic community.
- The host institution delegates a senior or mid-career scholar to work with the MSA Fellow as a liaison.
- The two scholars are encouraged to co-write an article or co-produce any different kind of output together, such as a grant application, that might strengthen the international academic position of the MSA Fellow.
- The host institution is expected to provide affiliation, working space, and housing as well as help in visa, health insurance and other formal arrangements.
- The length of the fellowship is a minimum of two months, although the MSA encourages a longer stay. A collaboration of two or more academic institutions from the same city or country might help this purpose.
Applications not exceeding 3000 words in total should contain the following:
- a description of the perilous situation of the proposed Fellow;
- a description of the memory related project to be carried out by the proposed Fellow;
- information on the support provided by the hosting institution, including the dates of the scholarship;
- short bios of the memory scholar in peril and the liaison scholar.
To help scholars at peril, we encourage the liaison scholar to fill out the application.
The application (one document in pdf) should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MSA Fellowship Committee consists of: Sarah Gensburger (CNRS, Paris), Jie-Hyun Lim (Sogang University, Seoul), Kateřina Králová (Charles University Prague), Ann Rigney (University of Utrecht), Aline Sierp (Maastricht University), Johanna Vollmeyer (Universidad Complutense de Madrid), Joanna Wawrzyniak (University of Warsaw), Jenny Wüstenberg (Nottingham Trent University)
Should you have further questions please contact Johanna Vollmeyer at email@example.com.
The MSA Fellowship “Memory Scholars at Risk”
Call for Donations
The Memory Studies Association is organizing a fund to support memory scholars at risk. The fund will co-sponsor fellowships in hosting institutions across the world. Please consider donating any amount you can to help our colleagues whose lives and careers are at risk.
Please use the following account details:
Memory Studies Association
IBAN: NL94 ABNA 0247 8551 11
Please add “Scholars in peril donation” in the title of your transfer.