Call for Applications- 2020 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies, June 22-29, 2020
Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and Communications (FMK), Singidunum University, Belgrade
The Center for Comparative Conflict Studies (CFCCS) at the Faculty of Media and (FMK), Singidunum University invites you to apply for the 11th International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies. The 2020 Summer School will take place at the Faculty of Media and Communications in Belgrade, from June 22-29, 2020.
The Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies is part of the FMK’s Politics department and the MA program in Critical Political Studies. It provides a learning opportunity for students interested in the study and analysis of societies in and post-conflict. Interdisciplinary in its nature, drawing from the fields of Peace and Conflict Studies, History, Anthropology, Education, Law, Political Sciences and International Relations, the Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies provides students with an interactive learning experience utilizing frontal lectures and class discussions focusing on comparative conflict analysis of different case studies.
Language of instruction for all courses is English.
Students who complete the course requirements may transfer the course credit to their home institution (5 ECTS).*
We are now receiving applications for the following five (5) courses: (Applicants can attend only one course from this list)
- Rethinking Peace Education: The Work of Identity and Culture In Conflict Ridden Societies Dr. Zvi Bekerman (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)
- Violence, War and Trauma Prof. Marie Breen-Smyth (University of Massachusetts, Boston, USA)
- Citizenship in the 21st Century: Global Movements, Divided Societies, Unequal Cities Prof. Igor Štiks (Faculty of Media & Communications (FMK), Serbia)
- International Intervention and the Myth of the “International Community Dr. Maxine David (Leiden University, Netherlands)
- Justice after Mass Atrocities: Truth-seeking, Retribution, Reparation Dr. Olivera Simić (Griffith University, Australia)
We invite graduate students, advanced undergraduate students (last year of BA only), individuals holding professional positions in the civic, public or private sector from all countries to apply.
* Please note, it is the student’s responsibility to verify with your home institution that you are allowed to transfer ECTS credits.
For more information on the Summer School courses and other important information visit our website.
Deadline to submit applications: March 15, 2020
For more information on the Tuitions for the 2020 Summer School visit our website. We offer a special tuition discount for applications that arrive by January 31, 2020!
Online application form for the 2020 International Summer School in Comparative Conflict Studies is now available on our website.
Have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org