The Center for Jewish History is proud to announce the creation of an expanded fellowship program. The program features four new endowed 10-month fellowships in addition to one existing 12-month fellowship and two short-term fellowships. The seven fellowships constitute the nucleus of a projected Institute for Advanced Jewish Historical Research.
The fellowships will support original research using the collections of the Center’s five partners: American Jewish Historical Society, American Sephardi Federation, Leo Baeck Institute, Yeshiva University Museum, and YIVO Institute. Preference will be given to those candidates who draw on the archival and library resources of more than one partner institution. The fellowships are open to a range of senior scholars, early career scholars, and advanced graduate students who have completed all the requirements (i.e., coursework, exams, dissertation proposal) for the doctoral degree apart from the dissertation.
Fellows are encouraged to spend at least three days per week in residence in the Lillian Goldman Reading Room using archival and library resources. Fellows are expected to participate in the Center for Jewish History Fellowship Seminar Program, attend all the meetings of the fellowship program cohort, present a pre-circulated paper to be discussed at one of those meetings, deliver a minimum of one lecture based on research conducted at CJH, and submit a report upon completion of the fellowship describing their experience as a Center Fellow.
For a complete list of available fellowship programs, please click below to view descriptions and application guidelines. Questions about the fellowship program may be directed to email@example.com.
- The CJH Senior Scholar Fellowship (NEW)
- The Leon Levy Fellowship (NEW)
- The Sid and Ruth Lapidus Graduate Student Fellowship (NEW)
- The CJH Advanced Graduate Student Fellowship (NEW)
- The NEH Scholar in Residence
- Dr. Sophie Bookhalter Short-Term Graduate Public History Fellowship
- The CJH-Fordham University Short-Term Research Fellowship
The schedule for the application process is as follows:
· All application materials must be received by February 19, 2024
· Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org