The MSA is already planning its annual meeting in 2020! We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic colleagues to organize this conference in an exciting location!
Since the MSA is a global association, we are especially keen to hold this conference outside of Europe! If you would like to explore the possibility of hosting this conference, please submit an initial proposal (no more than 2 pages in length) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your proposal, please address the following points:
- Why do you believe that your location, university, and team of colleagues would be the ideal host for the next MSA conference?
- Do you envision any specific focus or feature for this conference?
- How accessible is your location?
- Which dates would work best in your location?
- Would the conference take place at a university or another venue?
- How many conference attendees could you accommodate? How large is your biggest auditorium?
- What local programs and projects exist in the arena of memory studies? Which colleagues are doing relevant work?
- Are you aware of any local, national or other funding sources that you might realistically acquire to support the conference?
- In what ways would you require the MSA to support your organizing efforts?
- Are there any local memorials, activists, artists or other non-academics with whom you might consider collaborating?
In short, let us know everything relevant about a potential conference organized by you!
We look forward hearing from you!
Jenny, Jeff & Aline (Co-Presidents)